Contract announcement, February 2018. L. Brüggemann GmbH & Co. KG is modernising and extending the production of plastic additives at its plant in Heilbronn. In the context of that project H+H Herrmann + Hieber has been given responsibility for the material flow.
The product range of Brüggemann includes, among other things, high-performance additives for engineering plastics. When special additives are needed for plastics exposed to extreme loads, the company is one of the leading suppliers and a competent contact partner.
This part of the operation is now being extended. The enlargement of production is to take place in a new building in which the material flow will be automated as fully as possible. The objectives are:
- handling and storage of IBC containers,
- handling and storage of products (raw materials and finished goods),
- delivery and transport of the goods to the production lines (metering, mixing and filling machinery),
- exact weight measurement for precise metering,
- connection to the production control system and to the ERP system (SAP) of the customer.
Since the new building has seven storeys vertical transport in the system is very important. In this, the transporting of the loads weighing up to 1,750 kilograms must be carried out with absolute security owing to the nature of the materials transported. The working area also includes zones protected against explosions.
The material flow system is scheduled to come into operation at the end of 2018.