Automatic cranes for transporting racks, coils and pallets
Automatic cranes (AMCs) – often also called process cranes – have to be adapted to the numerous logistical tasks during operation. With the experience gained from installing around 50 automatic or process cranes, H+H can meet its customer’s requirements with modified designs.
For load uptake of long articles to be transported by means of various gripper systems and accessories:
- for a defined rack width,
- for different rack widths, with 90° swivel device for transporting from one or more stacked racks for long articles,
- for the simultaneous transport of two racks of rack stacks next to one another,
- as special solutions for special tasks,
- gripper with integrated protective rack.
For load uptake for the transport of coils with different gripper systems:
- mandrel gripper systems, if necessary with a rotating device,
- jaws, gripping systems, optionally for holding at the outer circumference or at the laterally projecting core sleeve.
For oversize lifting heights, with special designs for up to 12 metres or more:
With flexible controls by means of which H+H can if necessary create intelligent links to other equipment during operation, for example:
- collision-free operation of more than one automatic crane above one another,
- automatic co-ordination during the collaboration of more than one process crane in accordance with a specified optimum,
- programmable positioning when taking up or depositing the load.
… and others.
Each AMC from H+H Herrmann + Hieber is a sophisticated, technically high-grade and reliable logistical component. The units installed operate dynamically, with positional accuracies in the range of one to two millimetres and with availability up to 98% or more.